Rules for the School of Life
1. You are enrolled in a full-
2. An assignment will be repeated until you have learned that lesson. Do you find yourself experiencing the same (unpleasant) event again and again? One of your current learning projects is to discover whatever it is that you need to do so it either stops happening or no longer affects you .
3. New assignments and projects may appear before you are ready, but you will only learn from them when you are ready -
4. Your assignments will be presented to you in various forms -
5. Any task that presents you with a difficult question will offer teachers to help you. The best teachers guide you towards a number of choices rather than one ‘right’ answer. They will help you decide for yourself which answers will work best for you in the long run.
6. There are no mistakes, only lessons. -
7. Learning lessons does not end. -
8. Learning and growing means moving from “here” to “there”. -
9. Others are mirrors of you. -
10. The answers to Life’s problems are already inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. What you make of your life is up to you and how you do it is your choice.
11. You will forget all this, until you realise that learning these rules is also one of your lessons.
Original author unknown
Adapted in part from a similar list of rules, as quoted in “Chicken Soup for the Soul” by Cherie Carter-